Saturday, January 17, 2015

Birthday Musings

Here I sit, a hotel room in Flagstaff, Arizona, watching Top Gun (Yes, I feel the need...the need for speed). It's gone from the eve prior to my birthday, during the course of this movie, to being the day I escaped the womb. Literally, emergency C-section to keep me from being deprived of oxygen, but as crazy scary of a start to life as that was--28 years later life is pretty great. I'm able to enjoy a lovely birthday weekend partially away from home. 

Even a short trip out of town, up north, is a wonderful getaway. A chance to relax and unwind--it makes such a difference compared to staying at home. It's funny how that works, even though you could have the day off and spend the whole day inside the house doing nothing--you're never as well rested then when you go to some place different.

We're heading back today, so with that in mind, I should probably get to sleep (Especially since I also just watched Six Days & 7 Nights, while writing this as well). I just wasn't tired, probably all the coffee I had earlier. The plan is a birthday breakfast at The Galaxy Diner before we head back down to Phoenix. I'm not sure what the plan will be for the rest of the day yet. Sunday I have a get together planned, which is looking a bit slim in attendance but I didn't want to do anything too big. Much later on Sunday, I'm going to go to a bar that does karaoke. If there's one thing I definitely want to do during my birthday weekend...it's drink with friends and sing rock songs until my throat bleeds (ok, that may be slightly over exaggerating, but at least until it's sore). It's going to be awesome.

So on that note...happy birthday to me! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment