Friday, August 29, 2014

Don’t Sleep and Skype

I’m tired, throwing that out there. I mean really tired, exhausted—to the point that my thought process is pretty slow. I just spent a couple hours on a Skype call with the hosts of one of my favorite podcasts. I said so little that they probably thought I fell asleep at some point, and I’m not sure that I didn’t. It was still fun though. I laughed quite a bit. It’s great that these guys will take time to talk with their listeners, get to know them and ask their opinions. Each host of the podcast (there are five total) has a different personality and distinct aspects (quirks if you will) that make them likeable. But what really puts everything together is how they interact with each other. You can tell they have known each other for a while, but their jokes and jabs don’t seem old or overused. There is never a dull moment and the show always keeps me amused, no matter my surroundings or current mood. What podcast is this that I speak of you ask? 7 Days a Geek. You can find them on iTunes and Sticher (I don’t think that’s spelled right, but what do I care? I have iTunes). There has not been an episode that I haven’t enjoyed, so I certainly do recommend it. They discuss a lot of geek topics from a variety of genres: film, TV, Comics, Technology. There’s usually something for everyone. But there is adult language, so I wouldn't recommend listening around kids. Check out the show if you like, tell them Stefanie sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment