Wednesday, November 5, 2014

That Sound You Heard: A Million Broken Hearts

So, Benedict Cumberbatch blew up the internet today when news broke of his engagement. Sherlock Holmes, would be (hopefully) Doctor Strange, is off the market. Fans all over world have wept a sea of tears. I will admit, I found the 38 year old British actor very attractive, but I'm not shedding any tears over this announcement. Quite the contrary, I'm happy for the guy, he seems very happy and they make an adorable couple. But what I really like, in fact, find freaking amazing is the way he made the announcement. It has to be the most classically romantic engagement announcement I have ever seen, from a celebrity or otherwise. Forget the big diamond ring, or the private publicists running stories out to all the major papers. Six short sentences was all it took. Benedict wrote an advert for The Times, an English paper, in their Births, Deaths, Marriages section. The announcement read: Mr. BT Cumberbatch and Miss S.I. Hunter: The engagement is announced between Benedict, son of Wanda and Timothy Cumberbatch of London, and Sophie, daughter of Katharine Hunter of Edinburgh and Charles Hunter of London. See what I mean? It's so simple and yet so perfect. Sophie Hunter is 36 and a theater director/actress who met Cumberbatch on the set of the 2009 movie Burlesque Fairytales. They have managed to keep their relationship very private and out of the media spotlight, which is not easy for a celebrity as popular as Benedict Cumberbatch. I'll leave off with this: congratulations to the happy couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment