Thursday, December 4, 2014

Save Constantine

What is this nonsense I hear about there being a need to save Constantine? There shouldn't have to be a need to save this show. Why? Because it's a fantastic show and should most definitely get a second season. I'm not just saying this because I have a thing for John Constantine played by the talented UK actor Matt Ryan. I mean come on, the cast is amazing. Have you seen some of the things Matt Ryan has had to do in this show? There was an episode where he was covered in blood and chanting some type of spell, it was a great bit of comedy to break up the dark and serious tones of the show. Which brings me to another point, the drama this show brings is some great TV--well written. Each episode has intriguing plots and clever dialog often in a myriad of different languages. The show does have darker subject matter, but it really needs to, in order to accurately portray not only John's personal situation but the state of the world he inhabits. 

I will admit, I haven't read Hell Blazers, the DC comic from which the character of John Constantine originates. But I'm certainly going to read them now. The show has drawn people back to these comics and if it goes away, how will I be able to compare the two and get excited about things from the comics being incorporated into the show? Shouldn't I have been doing that already? Yes, probably. But I've been a bit busy ok, that's what TV show breaks are for. I just really want there to be a show coming back after said break.

I can't be the only one who feels that way, in fact I know I'm not the only one. There are plenty of fans of the show. The People's Choice Awards even have Constantine in a category for Best New TV Drama, I believe. I could be slightly off about the category name but it's definitely there--I voted for it. Maybe if more people vote for it and the show wins a people's choice award, we can secure it's second season. It's certainly worth a shot right? Right. So get on it folks, vote.peopleschoice.com. I honestly believe the show is worth it. Let's help Matt Ryan (John Constantine), Charles Halford (Chas), Henry Perrineau (Manny the Angel), Angelica Celaya (Zed), writer Daniel Cerone, and director Neil Marshall--amongst others--keep their show and continue to bring us quality television in the form of a damned man lodged in a fight against evil. 

Save Constantine.

No comments:

Post a Comment