Thursday, October 2, 2014

Alternative State Fair

I was listening to a new favorite radio station, Alt AZ 93.3 today, which replaced the old KDKB Rock station. I was a bit saddened by this at first, but I have two other rock channels, one modern and the other classic rock. So those both more than make up for the lost channel. Plus this new station plays great music so there's that. Anyway, a commercial came on for the Arizona State Fair. In the midst of this commercial, they mentioned one of the bands headlining a concert on one of the fair days. Weezer. I've been a fan of Weezer since High School--my freshman English Teacher was kinda obsessed with them. On days when we didn't have a lesson plan (which wasn't often) he'd play their music in class. So imagine my delight when I found out they were coming here. Not only that, but the station was having a contest to give away tickets to the show. I was all over that. After entering for the contest I hopped onto the State Fair website to see who else was coming and to my continued amusement--Sublime will be there too. I just heard Caress Me Down on the radio the other day (same station) and it dawned on me that I had not heard the song in forever. I know that song very well along with Santeria. I may go to that show as well, sadly, no contest for those tickets. General admission is free with fair admission, but you can buy reserved seats for $25, which is not bad. I wonder how long I'll have to wait before they give away the tickets. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment