Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Wrath of the Apple Gods

I spoke too soon. Mere seconds away from the update being finished, I get an error message. The update could not be completed. My phone goes into safe mode and requests to be re-connected to iTunes and the only option it leaves--restore to factory settings. I turn off the phone and the computer and I go to sleep because by this time it was past midnight and I had been waiting long enough for the update. I went to work the next morning with the plan to stop at the Apple store to have them kick the phone out of safe mode which they've done before with a previous phone. After work something else came up so I didn't make it. So, I decided to plug it in and restore it. I have a version saved on my computer that I can sync onto the phone to get it back to where it was before (or close to it). But now, a new issue has arisen. My iTunes doesn't want to cooperate. This means another day with no phone, which isn't a tragedy but it is annoying. There will still need to be a trip to the Apple store. I tell you, I've always been fond of my iPhone and I've had minor issues before--it's starting to wear thin. If I had the ability to add more storage to phone, that would be one way to make things better. But that's of course not how the iPhones are made. They can not be changed or enhanced beyond the mandatory updates. I still have at least another year left on my contract, so a new phone is out of the question at the moment. However, once my plan is up, I may consider alternative options. I didn't think it would ever come to that. The moral of this story: the Apple gods are mingy, capricious ass-butts. Bad form Apple, bad form.

No comments:

Post a Comment