Thursday, October 16, 2014

Guess Who's Back? Back Again, iPhone's Back, Tell A Friend

That's right folks, finally. I was blessed with a functioning iTunes this evening when I returned home from work. I restored the phone to factory settings, then backed it up with what was saved on my computer. But, you were going to the Apple store, you say. Yes, that was the plan. Again, that plan was thwarted, but it was no big deal. I knew restoring was an option and how bad could it be? Why do I keep tempting fate? Poking the sleeping Apple gods. Four hours later, my phone is back to being normal, with the damn update. It turns out the last time I backed up my phone, was longer ago than I thought...oops. Needless to say, I had to: reenter all my passwords, install 4 apps, delete a ton of podcasts that I had already listened to, delete emails and setup new features. It was a tedious process, one that I hope to not go through again anytime soon. I swear, if I have the same problem with the next update...ok, deep breath, not going to think about. To quote a wise baboon: It doesn't matter, it's in the past. But through it all, there was one good thing to come out of this. I got caught up on quite a few shows while I was waiting for the restore, the update and the back-up. So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment