Saturday, October 4, 2014

Baby's First Adventure

By adventure, of course, I mean that I had an errand to run and we decided to bring the baby along. My boss from my seasonal job asked if I would stop by so she could give me my review for the last season. My sister wanted to let her see the baby. She got stopped by two older ladies while standing in line for coffee. They asked every question they could think of and gushed over how tiny and adorable Lilyan is. My boss cooed over her too. But who wouldn't, right? Babies are adorable. After my review, we were getting ready to leave, after my sister had fed the baby her bottle and she was stopped by a very nice Indian man and his son. He asked how old she was and how much she weighed. When my sister said she was 3 months old and weighed 6 pounds and 3 ounces, he remarked to his son, "Oh that's tiny, you were 8 pounds." He congratulated my sister and they went about their way. On the way out the door there was a table of young Asian ladies who got so excited over Lilyan that they started acting like a couple of j-pop fangirls. At least according to my sister, I was already outside and didn't hear when she passed by the table with the stroller. All in all, my sister was one proud mama, with how much attention she and the baby received. I really enjoyed the free coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment