Thursday, October 23, 2014

Switching Things Up A Bit

You may have noticed some slight changes to the blog. I've gussied her up a bit and updated my profile. Why the change you ask? Well, I volunteered to be a contributor to the website of one of my favorite podcasts, Seven Days A Geek. I'm not trying to brag (well maybe a little bit), it's an explanation. What does this mean for the blog? Well, not too entirely sure yet. I hope to find out more details soon. However, what I do know. I'll be cutting back on the random posts--the ones where I was basically writing just about anything that popped into my head, for the sake of having written a post. I'm going to be focusing more on content and geeky topics that I like or would fit with the website.

With that being said, it more than likely means I can't guarantee a post everyday, but I'll certainly try my best. As most of you know, who know me, work takes up a huge chuck of my day and my baby niece currently takes up chucks of my evenings (I love helping to take care of the adorable little monkey though).

To be honest, when I decided to give blog writing another go I never thought I would get this far. I'm proud of myself for sticking to it. For not letting the old excuse of "not having enough time to write" stop me in my tracks again. Another side effect from my renewed spark for writing: I'll be participating in NaNoWriMo again this year. For those that don't know what that is, it's the National Novel Writing Month. It occurs annually during the month of November. I participated (if it could even be called that) last year. I did not write the goal of 50,000 words. I'm definitely aiming much higher this year, a starting goal of halfway (25,000 words), then going from there.

Anyway, that's all the news that's fit to print. Who knows, it could turn out that there won't be any major changes to the blog once I start writing for the website. But, I'm excited and looking forward to this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment