Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Not That Impressed

I'm not that impressed, my overall feeling about American Horror Story Freak Show. For multiple reasons, I'm not sure if I'll continue watching the show. I don't have much drive to watch it and the story so far is not gripping. It certainly makes sense for it to be set in the 50s, this type of story could only be set in a time period when people feared the different and strange. My problem is not with the setting but with the character development. I have yet to be drawn in and care about the plight of these characters. I don't care much for Elsa, even though Jessica Lang is a great actress and does a good job of pulling off a German Accent, the character is very predictable. While, it may have seemed like a good idea to recycle most of the cast of the last series, I have a hard time not comparing the new role to the old one. Then of course (also as predicted) there is the murderous creepy ass clown. He's dirty, mute, crazy...likes to stab people to death with a pair of scissors. I'm not going to be having clown filled nightmares anytime soon but they certainly dialed up the creep factor with this clown. I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed by the fact that they added the clown or that they didn't give him more depth and intelligence instead of just being an erratic monster. I may give it one more shot but I'm not rushing to watch the new episode, not when I have other things recorded instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment