Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Lots of Good Stuff Today: Baby Lilyan and an Essay Contest

So first off, baby Lilyan is finally home! We are all super excited. I rushed home after my dentist appointment today and got to hold her for the first time. The last time I got to hold a baby (related to me) I was 6 and it was my little sister, now a mother herself. I still can't believe it sometimes. The baby is doing great and after two bottles and four or so hours of sleep (first time it was about two hours after the first bottle and three hours after the second. She's about to get her third bottle soon. She's a very calm baby and hardly cries so my sister definitely got lucky--she takes after her aunt.

I'm going to keep this short, because I'm tired--it was a long day. I submitted a short essay for a contest about 20 minutes ago. It was for GISHWHES and the winner would have their essay published in the Coffee Table Book. It's funny, I actually already had something typed up, my previous blog post, The True Meaning of GISHWHES. The word limit was 300 words though, so I had to trim it down a lot. But it fit perfectly for what they wanted for the essay entries. However, it's left me a bit thin on creative juices now though. So I'm going to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment