Friday, October 3, 2014

From Normal to Crazy in Four Hours

Let me tell you a bit about my evening tonight. I get home from work, having left late (story of my life) and I ate a bowl of mac and cheese for dinner. Next I got to feed the baby, which was great. After she was burped by mama, I sang her to sleep. So that all seems pretty normal.

Then the craziness ensues...I turned on the live 100th episode of the Seven Days A Geek Podcast broadcasting on Radio Fubar. The show started out fairly normal, with four of the five hosts. They played some games, had some folks call in and then it all spiraled into uncontrolled hilarity. There were some great moments, but wow. One host fell in love with the Cuban guests from Miami, two hosts got frustrated and the other just enjoyed the ride. Four hours later it was still going, no format and the show notes were out the window. But because the Radio Fubar website offered a chat setting, it made interacting easy and fun. Otherwise, the show would have probably been a bit hard to follow. However, it was a live show (a celebration) and I do think the hosts deserved to let loose. Making it to 100 episodes is a big deal and being one of my favorite podcasts, I'm happy for the boys that they made it to this milestone. I hope they have many more episodes in the future. If you care to give them a listen, which I recommend, check out www.7daysageek.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment