Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Post-est With the Most-est

Does it make sense? Not really. But I liked the sound of it and thought it appropriately described my feeling on the subject. My last blog post got the highest number of views in a while, that wasn't entirely baby related. It's no wonder that those get attention--who doesn't love babies? Especially when they're not yours. Heh. Anyway, this is not about that, its about posts and really about the writing in them. It makes me happy to see there's interest, even if I don't know for sure that each of the 22 people actually read through the whole thing. But there was a bit of feedback via Facebook so I know a few did. I'm hoping that it's at least showing through how much I enjoy it--the writing, the creativity, the story telling. It's been a long running part of my life since grade school. I created little stories in class about all kinds of things, stories that earned high marks and high praise. To this day, my grandfather still asks if I remember the booklet of stories I put together and gifted to him and my grandmother and then proceeds to pull it out from a cupboard. I basically made a copy of all the stories I'd written in school, hole punched them and tied them together with string. Tween me was very impressed with my efforts. My love of writing has continued on through the years, through each hiatus and episode of self doubt. I have enough material saved up that could easily add up to a couple novels combined. Maybe one day there might be a new collection of short stories, by yours truly. A new set of creativity tied up with string.

No comments:

Post a Comment