Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Any Day Now

I felt another baby update was in order, especially since my niece should be home soon. I know, I've said that before, how about an exact date finally, you're probably thinking. All I can say to that is an exact date is hard to give, but seriously, the release date is really soon. They removed the feeding tube last night, the final tube, she's free! Lilyan reached another goal: 48 hours straight where she woke up on her own to bottle feed. I think that's possibly the final benchmark for her and now it's just observing to make sure it stays that way and she could be home in the next day or so. My sister was going to be watching the required videos this evening when she went to go see her. The hospital requires that prior to release, the parents (or parent in this case) watch a video on how to strap in the child seat and a few other things. I have to admit, the amount of preparation that the hospital provides is impressive, the nurses have all been very supportive. So, that's it for now. Very exciting, but of course it will be even more exciting when we know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment