Friday, September 26, 2014

Rain or Shine?

The title is worded as question because I'm literally asking if there is going to be rain or shine for tomorrow. I know, not as dramatic as let's say making it a statement. That's a lot more gripping. But the weather will have an outcome on my plans for tomorrow. You see, Saturday is National Park Day and all parks are free to enter. All parks in Arizona and I'm sure in the country. A friend posted a list of all the parks in the state and there was one in particular that I've never been too but been close many times. Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument. It's located in Flagstaff, AZ, which I have visited many times, the most recent visit in July. I think there was even talk of trying to fit in a trip there, but there wasn't enough time as we spent a majority of our time in Flagstaff itself, Belmont and Sedona. So what's my point? Something to do with rain perhaps? Indeed. Currently there is a flash flood warning for Flagstaff and they are currently being pelted with rain and in some places hail. The news has predicted that rain is likely for tomorrow and given that Flagstaff is two hours north of Phoenix, it is cooler there and the chances that it could rain again through out the day are higher. It's not often that you can get into parks for free, once a year that I know of for now, haven't looked into it further. It would be a shame to not be able to go because the weather doesn't cooperate, when most of the year it's sunny with not a cloud in the sky. So cross your fingers for me and hopefully the post for tomorrow will be a recap of how awesome hiking through the park was.

No comments:

Post a Comment