Monday, September 8, 2014

Watery Misadventure

During your commute to work is not time that you want to have a misadventure, especially one that causes a five hour delay to your day. My morning decided to turn out that way. I was woken up sometime during the night to pouring rain but did manage to fall asleep again. It rained all night and most of the morning. This caused major flooding on streets and freeways throughout the valley. I didn't think much on, we've had flooding before. But not like this, as I was soon to find out. A sink hole in the street hidden by water choose to decimate the front passenger side tire with complete intolerance. It was instantly flat, requiring not only a new tire but a new wheel as well since it was bent out of shape from the impact. It's hard to believe that the car hit that hard when it wasn't even going that fast, under the speed limit because of the rain and water on the road. The entire ordeal caused me to be very late to work, but luckily I have an understanding boss. She was more concerned about the fact that I was safe and unharmed rather than admonish me for tardiness. I made up for it once I arrived in the office by quickly laying waste to the many emails awaiting in my inbox--I also checked on the email of another co-worker who was out. I managed to leave fairly on time--the morning's events had left me less than willing to work hours longer than everyone. Besides, tomorrow is another day--hopefully a much dryer one.

No comments:

Post a Comment