Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pumping Iron...Well Sort Of

Today was my first day back at the gym in, what I can imagine has been, months. To say that it felt good would be an understatement--it's been long overdo. I kept telling myself, I'll go back next week, then next week the week after and next week the week after that. I had fallen prey to my laziness with a list of excuses at the ready: too tired from work, too busy, to far, didn't want to go by myself. You name it and it probably crossed my mind. I'd been noticing that I'd let myself go, much to my dismay and quickly sought to remedy that by eating healthier. It helped enough but not good enough. It wasn't a drastic enough diet change to be successful on its own. Nor should that be my only device at getting back into shape. You don't have to starve yourself, far from it, eating regularly but healthier is very important. Less french fries more salads and also less of the liquid bread, yes beer. If you could see me right now, you would see how much that last one has me in anguish. It's no secret that I love my beer, even more so after being introduced to some really great breweries and some local joints by good friends. Being a Germex (Half German Half Mexican hybrid of awesomeness, wink wink single fellas) enjoying beer is pretty much hard wired into my DNA. How unfortunate that beer is anti-weight losing. Now, I'm not saying I drink an enormous amount of beer, very far from it. But has it helped with the flabby tummy? Yes. As have the fatty, greasy foods that sometimes go with the beer when I'm out at a restaurant or bar. Honestly, how can you resist a delicious burger with a tasty beer? Not easily. It's why pub burgers are a thing. So what is a girl to do? Drag her lazy ass to the gym and work out, consistently. While dialing back on the burgers n' beer. It's doable and I plan to keep it up. I almost had abs once, I'd like to almost have them again. So I raise my water glass, here's to living healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment