Sunday, September 28, 2014

In the Next Couple...Again (Baby Lilyan Update)

Once again, my sister has been told that the baby will be coming home in the next couple days. Of course, something we have heard before only to have it not happen. This time, she was told this by one of the doctors, so whether that makes a difference we shall see. Baby Lilyan is at 6 pounds now, possibly over since that weight is a few days old. I'm not a doctor and I don't know (nothing about birthing no babies, sorry, couldn't help myself) much about what the normal weight is for a full term baby girl. But, I'm thinking that 6 pounds is not too shabby and there is really no reason to keep her in the hospital any longer. Now, would I rather her stay long enough to be 100% clear rather than have to go back, of course. But she is off all the supports and has been consistently gaining weight. I think, in my non-medical opinion, that enough is enough. You're probably thinking, careful what you wish for. You seem mighty quick to want to lose sleep from a crying infant in the house. I'm not too worried. Will there be times where I will not get sleep? Probably. I'm usually a pretty heavy sleeper though. But the point is: there will be a crying baby in the house. Not in the hospital with strangers (as wonderful as the nurses are), but here with family. Will I sacrifice my sleep for a chance to finally hold my niece, feed her a bottle, or watch her make adorable infant faces? The answer is a resounding YES! So, that's where we're at, more waiting. I'm hopeful though that in the next couple days, there will be a baby update about how little sleep I got from a crying baby next door and it will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment